FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Marketing Communications Manager
430 Vineyard Ave., Ste. 100
Ontario, CA 91764
Auto-Graphics Releases New Version of VERSO ILS Software at ALA Midwinter 2012
System Enhancements Provide Additional Functionality to Meet the Needs of Large Complex Library Systems and Consortia
POMONA, CA. — January 20, 2012 — Auto-Graphics, Inc., a leading provider of library automation solutions for over 40 years, today announced that it will be showcasing Version 3.9 of its VERSO integrated library system at the ALA Midwinter Meeting 2012 in Dallas, TX. Part of the AGent® family of Library Automation Software & Solutions, Version 3.9 incorporates nearly 200 enhancements to the VERSO system with improvements to the User Administration, Circulation, Serials, Acquisitions and Cataloging functions. These new features are a direct result of customer feedback and are focused on streamlining workflow, improving speed and providing better cohesion between modules.
“The enhancements in Version 3.9 underline Auto-Graphics’ commitment to working with the library community to add features and functions to existing modules in order to provide major impact by simplifying workflow and reducing the number of steps required to accomplish daily tasks,” said Ted Koppel, VERSO product manager at Auto-Graphics. “At this time when library budgets are being stretched, these VERSO 3.9 changes allow library staff to further leverage the VERSO software and significantly reduce the amount of time and effort required to manage their processes.”
The following key improvements to VERSO will be demonstrated in the exhibits hall at the Dallas Convention Center, booth # 1139, from January 20-24:
- Availability of Photos within Patron Records – VERSO 3.9 allows libraries to upload patron photos through the User Administration module. Photos are dynamically resized and stored within the system as part of the patron record. This provides the ability for staff to find a user’s name and then confirm visually that the correct patron record is being accessed during circulation transactions.
- Automatic Patron Duplication Alerts – Libraries now have the ability to automatically check for duplicate patrons being added to the user database through this enhancement to the User Administration module. VERSO evaluates staff data entry against five library-configured factors to quickly and efficiently establish whether a patron is attempting to create a duplicate patron record and trying to avoid penalties such as fines or a freeze on their account. As a result of this enhancement, staff will see a cleaner and tighter user database and ®better administrative control over patrons who have lost books or owe fine balances to the library.
- Item Values Calculated and Available on Circulation Receipts – Libraries can now include a marketing message at the bottom of a patron’s checkout receipt showing how many items were charged as well as the total dollar value for the items borrowed. This enhancement to the Circulation module allows the library to provide immediate feedback to its patrons illustrating the dollar value that the library provides to the community based on the actual transactions just completed by the patron.
- Acquisitions Consortial Duplication Checking – VERSO now has the ability to check for duplicate items among consortium members to provide a complete view of the entire collection available or on order, through a library’s consortium. This robust improvement to the Acquisitions module gives library staff the ability to view titles during the selection list and order process. This includes titles that are currently part of each library’s collection as well as items that appear on other libraries’ selection lists, and are on order at other libraries but not yet received. By using the Acquisitions Consortial Duplication Checking capability, libraries that coordinate collection development have a better view of what other consortium members are acquiring.
- Serials Prediction Patterns Sharing – This new feature within the Serials module is most useful for libraries within a consortium. Consortium members can duplicate serials prediction patterns across libraries in the consortium, dramatically reducing the time to manage serials subscription records and providing consistency among consortium members at the local library level.
About Auto-Graphics, Inc.
Auto-Graphics is the only publicly-traded library software vendor to provide software solutions along with full financial transparency. The company’s nearly seven (7) decades of providing solutions to the markets it serves reflects how well Auto-Graphics has listened to their customer base and stayed abreast of new technologies, continuously reinventing their products and services to help libraries of all sizes become more efficient and patron-centric. The Auto-Graphics browser-based Library Management Platform for patrons and staff – currently used by more than 11,000 libraries in North America – is comprised of SHAREit®, a Web-based resource sharing solution providing patron-initiated sharing, circulation-based interlibrary loan (ILL) using NCIP and consortial borrowing solutions; VERSO®, an integrated public library system (ILS); SEARCHit®, a federated search and discovery module; SLIMS™, a small library information management system, and MONTAGEdc®, a digital asset management (DAM) solution. All products are fully Web and cloud-based products which are compliant with ISO and NISO standards, and are available via a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription. For more information, please visit please visit www.auto-graphics.com, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. Auto-Graphics trades under the stock symbol AIFS.
# # #
© Auto-Graphics, Inc. All rights reserved.
VERSO®, SHAREit®, SEARCHit®, MONTAGEdc®, & SLIMS™ are trademarks of Auto-Graphics, Inc and part of their AGent Library Platform.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.