Modern, Easy to Use, Affordable Digital Collection Solution
Customized control of your digital collections.
You can quickly create:
- Custom digital collection landing page for public access
- Unlimited sub-collections
- Private-access digital collections
- Institutional archives
- Multi-lingual collections
And easily integrate MONTAGE collections with any of your existing infrastructure including web sites and Integrated Library System Software using our open API or the Z39.50 protocol.
MONTAGE has been a great solution for our archiving dilemma. It’s helped us internally and has also helped us develop a community. We are happy to share our experience with anyone who is interested in learning more.
It’s Easy To Organize, Explore, Promote, And Share Digital Collections.
You Can Create A Record in Less Than 5 Minutes!
Online & Done
The Sleek User Interface Will Turn Your Digital Collection Into Digital Eye-Candy That Can Be:
- Searched quickly, with the term highlighted
- Browsed for related Wikipedia-like information
- Filtered by collections, topics, dates, and formats
- Explored via pre-formatted subject searches and topic lists
- Digitally accessed from the full record – view image, audio, video, PDF files, and more
- Shared via email or social media via user-created lists due to persistent links
Collections Can Be Created Quickly and Easily, As Well As:
- Batch import records or do copy cataloging
- Easily move items from one collection to another
- Create records with provided extended Dublin Core template or easily create custom metadata templates for different types of collections or material types
- Attach an unlimited variety of item types to a record (create compound objects)
- Add indexed transcripts to all file types (PDF’s, jpg’s, movie, sound, Word, Excel, etc.) and if OCRed, edit the transcript with annotations or corrections
- Create Synonym Lists to increase the relevancy of search results (useful for name changes or ‘aka’ entries)
- Add searchable metadata on the collection level, not just on the record level, for multiple collection types
- Upload your own authority-controlled subject entries or create subjects dynamically to provide consistent usage of terms throughout the database. Lookup lists are created based on metadata entered for subjects, creators, media types, etc.
Additional MONTAGE Specifications:
- An unlimited number of Institutions and collections supported
- Seven layers of hierarchical sublevels are available, compliant with the international ISAD(G) archival standard
- OAI-PMH compliant
- WCAG 2.0 AA compliant
- Uploaded images can be optionally compressed to save storage and improve record display time
- Integrated with Google Analytics to gather system usage information